Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Lauren is 1!

It seems like yesterday that I gave birth to our third child, but alas, it was a whole year ago. Oh how I remember the day, and I'm so thankful that she was born a whole 10 days before Christmas, I didn't want to be in the hospital over Christmas and I didn't want my poor child to have to share her birthday with Jesus, I mean who would get the attention then? Anyway, it was snowy and besides our family, we had no visitors which was a calm way to start life, much unlike what awaited at home. No, it really wasn't that bad, but adding a third child did add some stress to our lives. Last winter was hard. I'm sure it took us 30 minutes just to get out of the door every time we went somewhere. Those days are over, and in fact they seem so far away.

Lauren, you are such a cutie! You have been relaxed since the day you were born. I didn't ever had a hard baby, but you were my easiest, which says a lot for you! Your older brother and sister adore you and you them. You are a good walker and sleeper. You gave up your bottle easily and are great at drinking from a sippy cup. You say da-da (which should have been second to ma-ma) and try to say many other things. You like to talk on the phone, for pretend-not for real, and love to say yes and nod your head. You are a jewel and we all love you so much!

Below are a few pictures of Lauren in her new rocking chair, what a ham!

No comments: