We had a busy, but fun, weekend filled with all kinds of 4th of July celebrations. We made a quick trip to Missouri on Saturday; I won't disclose why, but if you know my husband's annual tradition for the 4th, you will probably figure it out. Saturday night we went to fireworks at Shiloh, near Kalona, with my family. It was a good show. I'm not sure Aubrey would agree, but it was. She likes to watch them, but she doesn't like the noise. I have to admit that it was rather loud since we were very close. Oh well, I guess it's just not her thing. Sunday we went to the Coralville parade with Mark and Melanie and Shannon and Scotty. The kids loved it and Lauren was running out to get the candy. That is so different than our other kids, they did not do this at her age. I guess we've known for quite some time that she is more outgoing, so this should be no surprise. Sunday evening we were going to go to fireworks, but because it poured, we decided to skip them. We did see some on the way home that night though. Monday we were in the Wellman parade for the Hen House again. Of course the kids loved that. Last night we went to my parent's to shoot off fireworks, it was a spectacular show! (Aubrey stayed inside by herself, I guess she found that better than the loud noises outside.) It was a fun weekend, but we are ready for normalcy once again.

Here are the kids in their 4th outfits
No comments:
Post a Comment