Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Mid-Winter Fun

Cameron asked to play outside the day all the snow was melting.  He didn't have much to do by himself  in the backyard, but I encouraged him to make a small snowman.  He was pretty creative, you can see the snowman and the snow chunk beside it is his sled.

We spent New Year's Eve at Clint & Amy's house with friends; the kids had a great time, and so did the adults.  Who knew that white elephant gifts could be so fun?


We're learning about farm animals this week in school, so I had the kids make paper bag puppets yesterday and "practice" a show for us.  So, after supper we got a little puppet show.  Cameron did his own show right beside Aubrey who did her own show.  Needless to say, we were entertained.  Then Cameron put down his puppets and picked up his "guitar" and "microphone".  (Notice the small flashlight stuck in the rocking chair.)  Aubrey joined in the singing too.



Today I let them watch a show before nap.  Halfway through I looked over at Lauren and she was fast asleep, almost falling off the bed.  What fun, relaxing times.

No comments: