Friday, January 13, 2012

Fun Around Home

Just some random fun things happening around here. 

 Who doesn't love a horsey ride?  Aubrey is now big enough that she can carry Lauren.

 Cameron is always creating something out of his Legos.  This is his latest creation.

 Last night the kids got to watch Ryan use his new snowblower for the first time.  They got all bundled up and stood in the garage to watch.  They did run out into the driveway a little, but soon came in asking for hot chocolate.

Lots of reading goes on at our house.  Aubrey reads, or should I say devours, books constantly.  Cameron has joined her and loves to read also.  He tries to sound out words all the time.  The other day I was reading my Bible and he came and sat by me and figured out almost a whole sentence!  Aubrey really loves to read to others and has recently been reading to Lauren and today to Lilly (who really is enjoying the story even though her facial expression says otherwise).

And, no picture for this, last night I taught the kids to play Yahtzee.  What a fun game!  It reminded me of my childhood and all the times we played that with my grandparents.  I love building memories with the kids that they will someday look back on and treasure. 

No comments: