Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Weather in Iowa

Growing up in Iowa I've learned that the weather is so unpredictable.  It's funny how this winter has been so warm that we haven't been able to go sledding or build a snowman, but have played outside and gone for walks.  On Sunday afternoon it was snowing and actually fairly mild outside, so after supper we went outside to attempt to build a snowman.  Unfortunately, the snow was like powder, so our snowman didn't get built.  We did walk down to the park and had lots of fun there going down the slides at a break-neck pace.



 I captured each one of them as they landed at the bottom of the slide because it was so hilarious to see how they shot right out of it!



Then yesterday and today the temps have been in the 50s and 60s, so we played outside yesterday and today we had school at the patio table.  What a little nice weather can do is amazing.  Yesterday the kids were skipping and jumping and I felt like joining them!  I love sunshine and mild temps.

The kids took this tent outside on the deck and are "camping." They have been content outside for well over an hour so I've been very productive inside.  

*Notice the marks on Aubrey's face.  Yesterday she crashed on her scooter and really banged up her face.  From her forehead to her lip met the pavement and is banged up pretty good.  Her arm still hurts a little today and she can't wear her glasses because of the big scrap on her nose.  Thankfully her glasses are intact and so are her teeth.  She was complaining of them hurting, but there are no chips or loose teeth!

No comments: