This year as a part of enrichment classes the kids were able to be involved in a musical. Aubrey was excited about this from the beginning, but Cameron had to be convinced. He did a great job and ended up enjoying himself, but I wasn't sure if he was even going to participate at first. Aubrey loved learning all the patriotic songs for the musical and still listens to the CD a lot. Lauren even got into it and can often be heard singing the Star Spangled Banner. Aubrey got to have a special part of doing sign language for "America the Beautiful" and did a great job.
Jaclyn, Aubrey and Natalie on the night of the musical
The whole group of older kids (Cameron's class sang separately)
My two young musicians
Last week we had the chance to go on two field trips. The first one was a plant walk, which was perfect for us since we are studying plants right now in science. The kids loved running through the woods and discovering new plants.
The second field trip was to Usher's Ferry in Cedar Rapids. The tour guides did a great job of taking us back in time to the early 1900s. They did such a good job that Aubrey asked me if the lady lived back then! Once I explained how long ago that really was, she realized that was not possible. They enjoyed seeing the one room school, some houses, a store and an outhouse. Aubrey and Jaclyn even planned to wear "old-fashioned" dresses so they would fit in.
1 comment:
Oh, I want to go to Usher's Ferry!! I always loved it there when I was a kid. :)
Post a Comment