This is the living room/kitchen
.
The wonderful hot tub with an amazing mountain view
.
The front of our cabin and our rental car (which was great for the mountain roads)
Our wonderful view
.
I thought this barn was so picturesque. It was on the same road as our cabin.
I hate to admit it, but I have stereotypes of Tennessee and the people who live there. However, some of them were confirmed as you can see in this picture. We could have taken multiple pictures to prove this point.
Friday and Saturday we spent the day in the Great Smokey Mountain National Park. It is huge, so we didn't even come close to seeing it all. The views were gorgeous and we got to see wildlife. My favorite were the bear. You'll see my best picture, an up-close shot of a bear. I got out of the vehicle to take the picture. Ryan was very surprised that I was so brave, but what can I say, I wanted to show the kids and couldn't believe that we were so close.
A view from our drive to the park.
I mean can you imagine living here?
Another house in the park
My prize bear picture. It was just across the road from us!
Another house in the park.
This mill is still in use, just for visitors to the park, but it was cool to see.
I think this is a chicken coop.
We also went to Tuckaleechee Caverns. They were huge. It was cool to hear how in the 1930's two six year old boys found the caverns and then in 1950's they opened them up to the public. The pictures don't do the cavern justice.
The roads in and around the park were so curvy. If you could go 45, it felt very fast! I had to take a picture of our GPS so you could see how winding the roads were. This particular road was a short cut. It was only 7 miles, but it took us about 40 minutes. The scenery was beautiful and we didn't have a schedule, so who cares how long it took!
This is a picture of the driveway up to our cabin.
An elk, who knew they lived in Tenneesee?
It was so wonderful to be able to celebrate our 10th anniversary like this. What a great 10 years it has been and I wonder what we'll do to celebrate our 15th?
3 comments:
Wow! Some of those pictures look like postcards! I'm glad you had a fabulous time and that things worked out. Praise God!
Great pictures! Looks like a lot of fun!!
WOW!! That looks like an amazing vacation! I can only imagine the adrenaline in your veins as you learned you were running late!! I HATE that feeling! I am so glad it all worked out and you had such a great time! What a beautiful place to celebrate a milestone! How will you top it???
Post a Comment