Monday, May 11, 2009

Eye Patch Update

Today Aubrey went back to the eye doctor. We were hoping that this was the day that she would be done with the patch, but it was not to be. She didn't seemed phased, but I was certainly let down. I didn't say anything to her though because she's the one who has to wear the thing. Her left eye read one line worse than 2 months ago when we were there last and it took her a little longer to distinguish the shapes on the eye chart. So, we are actually increasing to 4 days a week instead of 3. However, Dr. Thompson put it into perspective for me and said that Aubrey will be glad when she gets older and can see well that her mom (and I would add her dad too) took the time to take care of the problem when she was young. I have to say once again how great Aubrey's attitude has been through this whole process. She never complains and happily wears her patch. She even will answer people now when they ask her what her patch is for. She is growing up quickly! A funny side note with that...Yesterday when I was doing her hair for church I asked her how she got so big. I noticed that she's too tall for me to do her hair comfortably when she stands on the bench. She said, "I don't know when I got so big. I can't believe that I look like a 5 year old when I'm only 4 1/2." Who knew?

2 comments:

The Grady Five said...

I TOTALLY understand how you feel ... We know we are doing what is best for them but as a mom, it isn't fun to see them be "different" ... SO glad that Aubrey is like Lucas and isn't phased by it!! She is adorable!!

Rikki Kreger said...

Sorry to hear the patch has to be continued. It's definitely harder on Mom!! It is really hard to believe Aubrey is that old--it goes so fast!