Yesterday was Aubrey's 6th birthday, where has the time gone? We celebrated on Sunday with a family party. It was sort of an all day affair as Aubrey had the opportunity to dance in church for both services. She has been taking ballet class from Amy for 2 years and this summer Amy opened her class and had a lot more girls, I think there were 16. They did a wonderful job dancing and Aubrey really loved being able to show off her skills. Amy is such a great teacher with patience that seems unlimited!
I know it's not a great picture, but it's what we got.
A part of the dance done with a partner.
All of our family came for lunch and of course presents. After presents Aubrey gave all the adults some craft supplies and got to be the "teacher" and tell us all what to do. I think it might have been the highlight of her party, who wouldn't want to be in charge of a room full of people? That says a lot about her personality for sure!
Every year I make a cake for each child. This year Aubrey chose a watermelon cake that she saw in one of my magazines. It turned out well, even though the process was frustrating. I'm such a perfectionist that I don't like to make errors. Ryan reminded me that I do it for the kids, not to be perfect but to give them something special. It was a great reminder and I am happy with the results, and so was Aubrey, so that's what matters.
We gave Aubrey her first grown up Bible.
Aubrey and her China doll from Grandpa and Grandma Miller
Aubrey, you are growing up so quickly. Where has the time gone? You love life and love to be in charge. You can read and catch on to math very quickly. You are such a helper with your brother and sister and ever around the house. I love the relationship that you and Cameron have, you two have great times together. Your imagination is wonderful and carries you to far away places. We love you precious girl! Love, Mom and Dad
No comments:
Post a Comment